We certify that the SEIKO watch detailed on the enclose certificate of guarantee is guaranteed against defects in materials or workmanship for one year from the date of purchase, providing it has been sold by an authorized and appointed Seiko dealer. Within this period, regulation, adjustment, repair or replacement of parts or movement will be performed without charge except in the case of damage caused by accidents or a lack of care. To take advantage of the quarantee, please present your watch together with a valid certificate of guarantee to a authorized SEIKO dealer from whom the watch was purchased or any member of the SEIKO worldwide service network. You will need to pay for postage, insurance and shipping if required.
Please note the following important points:
1. You may have additional legal rights. This guarantee is in addition to, and does not affect, your legal rights.
2. This guarantee covers the watch case, movement, dial and hands, and metal bracelet. It does not cover the glass, battery, or bracelets made of a material other than metal, or scratches caused by normal use. Similarly, damage caused by natural disasters, such as earthquakes or floods is not covered.
3. Many SEIKO watches are water resistant. If your watch carries the designation “water resistant” on the case back, this guarantee covers water damage.
4. To take advantage of the guarantee, you need to present the guarantee certificate and coupon, properly filled in and dated by the authorized SEIKO dealer from whom the watch was purchase.
5. Our worldwide SEIKO service network is at your disposal to help you care for your watch during and after the period covered by this guarantee. However, if during the guarantee period anyone other than a member of our worldwide service network tampers with or inadvertently damages your watch, we reserve the right to relinquish all responsibility under this guarantee.
6. We will not honour certificates of guarantee that have been tampered with or altered, nor photocopies of these certificates. Please submit the original.