Your new Bulova Accutron timepiece is warranted only to the original owner by Bulova for 5 years from date of purchase, under the terms and conditions of this warranty. Proof of Purchase: The warranty only comes into force if the warranty card (Warranty Card) is fully and correctly completed by an authorized BULOVA dealer at the time of purchase and/or you provide your original proof of purchase. Coverage: The warranty covers parts of the watch that have failed due to original defects in materials or workmanship under normal use, or, Bulova at its option, will replace the watch with a comparable watch.
This warranty does not cover:
1. Required periodic Service and Maintenance for Mechanical Bulova Accutron watches
2. Damage resulting from improper handling, abnormal use, alteration, negligence or lack of care of the watch
3. Normal wear and tear and aging including deterioration and scratches to the watch finish (case, bracelet, crown or crystal)
4. The battery, crystal or strap
5. Water damage if the model is not marked "water-resistant" and moisture or water damage to watches which are improperly resealed after opening of the case.
Improperly or incorrectly performed Service and Maintenance, repairs or servicing voids the warranty. Any Service and Maintenance, repairs or servicing which requires opening of the case, must be performed by a properly qualified technician, preferably an Authorized Bulova Accutron Dealer, or by the Bulova Corporation. Service and Maintenance for Mechanical Bulova Accutron watches: The 5 year warranty for mechanical Bulova Accutron watches is valid only if you provide proof that your watch received periodic Service and Maintenance, including, but not limited to, cleaning, lubrication and regulation every three years.